is the UK's annual caving conference, hosted by the British
Cave Research Association and the British Caving Association for the benefit of
The 2006 conference will take place on 22-24 September in
the market town of Leek, which is about 12 miles south of Buxton,
on the edge of the Derbyshire Peak District.
- On-site camping will be available
- Entry fees unaltered from last year
- Online booking and payment facilities now
- Guest speaker at Saturday evening meal: Jim Eyre
- SRT Training: We hope to be able to offer free
training, either basic or advanced, depending on demand. This will be given by
two CIC holders. The location will be a climbing wall not too far from Leek. The
courses will be bookable in advance (details to be announced) or you can book
when you arrive at the conference if there are still places available. It is
also planned for there to be a stand in the exhibition hall where delegates can
enquire about training grants and the LCMLA/CIC training schemes.
- Novice Caving Trips: We hope to be able to offer some
novice caving trips for spouses/children of conference delegates. Details to be
- Conference T-shirt
- Expedition Lectures to include Meghalaya, Pakistan,
Crete, Matienzo, Iceland, China
- UK lectures to include Phil Haigh (CRO and SARDA) on
search dogs and Dave Webb will be showing his new film about the Neil Moss
- The BCA Rope Testing Rig will be on site. 2m samples
If you are thinking of offering to give a talk for Hidden Earth please do
not wait to be asked! With their limited manpower they cannot ask everybody
them and let them know what you want to do.
This information is likely to be updated and is subject to change.
PLEASE check the
Hidden Earth website for the latest details (click here).